If you wish to attend training at one of our public, you will need to book onto our Emergency First Aid at Work Course. This course is open to the general public and is a slightly more advance than the AED course, but covers AED & CPR training as standard as well as the following:
- Role of the First Aider: Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider, including the importance of maintaining privacy and consent, and the need to stay within the boundaries of their training.
- Assessing an Incident: How to effectively assess an emergency situation, ensure safety, and establish what has happened in order to determine the best course of action.
- CPR and AED Use: Hands-on training in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for both adults and children.
- Managing Unresponsiveness: Recognising and dealing with an unconscious casualty, including the recovery position and managing seizures.
- Choking: Identifying and managing a choking casualty, both adults and children.
- Wound and Bleeding: Different types of wounds and how to manage them, including the use of bandages and other first aid items to control bleeding.
- Shock: Recognising and managing the symptoms of shock.
- Minor Injuries: Treatment of less serious issues such as small cuts, bruises, minor burns, and scalds.